Full Time - 39.75hrs a week
Are you looking to expand your role within Accounts? Perhaps you have focussed your attention so far in one particular area and now looking to broaden your exposure and take on a much larger, varied role?
As an Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) provider, we build the electronic ‘hearts and brains’ for complex industrial machines supplied all around the world. Our customers are at the top of their game and the products they design and sell keep the world moving – quite literally in some cases.
We currently have a full time vacancy for an Assistant Accountant to join our growing business.
- You will provide key support to the UK Finance Manager and ensure the smooth operation of the Purchase Ledger function.
- You will be responsible for the preparation and submission of all UK VAT Returns and Intrastat reports for all VAT registrations in the Group.
- You will prepare our Czech VAT Return (including VAT Control Statement) and control all of the Import/Export Paperwork.
- You will develop Intrastat and VAT reporting in conjunction with our IT department and provide supervision to two Purchase Ledger staff.
- You will set up Supplier Accounts on our system & maintain them as required.
- You will complete supplier payment runs for all UK companies and ensure all Purchase Ledger transactions are completed to meet Period End targets.
- You will support Purchase Ledger staff where necessary in resolving queries and liaise with suppliers as required.
- Aptitude for figures and attention to detail.
- Proactive and self-motivated, able to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work with members of staff at all levels.
- Ability to train, mentor and coach members of staff
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Common sense approach.
- Do you have at least 2 years’ experience ideally in a commercial or industrial environment. Are you AAT qualified or equivalent? Can you demonstrate experience of VAT and managing Intrastat?
You will join our team based in Kempston, Bedfordshire.
Along with a pleasant, clean working environment you will receive a competitive salary, generous pension contributions, training and continuous development, 20-25 days’ holiday and use of our private gym.
Still interested? Fill out the application form below!