Full Time – Day Shift (39.75 hours per week)
Are you looking for a change in role? Something completely different, a fresh start for 2018? How does gaining valuable new skills sound?
We build the electronic ‘hearts and brains’ for complex machines supplied all around the world. Our customers are at the top of their game and the products they design and sell keep the world moving – quite literally in some cases. So, any delay, shortage or damaged piece of material has the potential to stop our production lines and we can’t afford for that to happen. This is where you can help.
We are now looking for talented individuals to work in our logistics department. We want to hear from people that are prepared to learn a whole host of new skills and help us take the business forward. No previous experience of electronics, manufacturing or logistics is necessary – we will provide all the tools and training you need!
To maintain the control and co-ordination of materials within the Goods in, Stores, Picking, and Despatch areas ensuring the provision of an excellent service to all customers.
Job Role – description:
Receipting of material, locating materials into stores, picking orders from stores, and introducing stock into manufacturing in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner. This includes all internal movement of stock between production departments and all group sites through to despatch.
- Adhering to all procedures and work instructions.
- Ensuring all incoming goods are fully inspected to the defined standard and that all corresponding paperwork is processed correctly.
- Integrity of stock:
- Accuracy of stock levels and locations;
- Perpetual Inventory checks and reporting;
- Bin location maintenance;
- Security of stock.
- Management of quarantined and bonded material/stock.
- Following special packaging and safe handling requirements in accordance with Health and Safety and all relevant works instructions.
- Assisting with the monitoring, understanding and reporting of KPIs.
- Assisting the Team Leader when required with resource planning, staff development and training plans (including training of non-core team members).
- Accurate and timely maintenance of errors database and all subsequent actions.
- Cover deliveries both in and out (including palletised goods) during non-core hours when required.
- Use of bespoke computer systems throughout role. (Training will be given).
- Assisting with continuous improvement activities throughout the business.
- Contributing to the resolution of customer complaints / supplier issues, via the correct channels.
- General Housekeeping.
- Ensure that security and Health & Safety requirements are complied with.
- Ensure that all procedures and working practices comply with internal quality control systems and are fully complied with at all times.
- Assisting management with input for colleague appraisals if/when requested.
- Able to accurately follow concise instructions.
- Colour recognition.
- Good numeracy and accuracy.
- Computer literacy.
- Able to encourage other team members.
- Good communication / organisational skills.
- Able to adopt and promote change.
- Problem solving.
- Flexible working approach.
To apply fill out the on-line application form below