Full Time (39.75 hours per week)
Do you have expertise in electronics, electrical and associated test methods and supporting the New Product Introduction of customer supplied test equipment into manufacturing?
We build the electronic ‘hearts and brains’ for complex machines supplied all around the world. Our customers are at the top of their game and the products they design and sell keep the world moving – quite literally in some cases.
It’s an exciting, fast paced environment which varies every day. But it’s also a challenging one which requires commitment and dedication. Thankfully we have an awesome team in place and you could be part of it.
We currently have a full time vacancy for a Test Support Engineer to provide first line support for all relevant test equipment through working closely with the Test and Quality departments to improve test yields via trend analysis and continuous improvement activities.
You will work with the Commercial and Engineering departments to manage all incoming test equipment and procedures into the relevant manufacturing process, by ensuring both are fit for purpose. in addition, you will be responsible for controlling and maintaining all relevant test equipment.
Job Role – description:
You will provide expertise in electronics, electrical and associated test methods, and support the New Product Introduction of customer supplied test equipment into manufacturing. You will provide first line support for all relevant test equipment through working closely with the Test and Quality departments to improve test yields via trend analysis and continuous improvement activities.
- Ensure the effective evaluation and implementation of customer supplied test equipment and procedures via the NPI process.
- Support customers in maintaining and updating their test equipment and software.
- Write and maintain clear test procedures for use by the Test and Production functions.
- Work as part of the Test team to diagnose faults on failed or returned product, ensuring we meet customer requirements successfully.
- Mentor and assist Technicians from all Group sites in “best in class” test methods and fault finding, through offering technical support where required.
- Investigate and report on electronic design problems and internal/external customer complaints (e.g. cause of test failures), implementing solutions where possible.
- Support other areas of the business on electrical and electronics technical issues, which may include liaison with customers and/or suppliers.
- Ensure all test equipment complies with appropriate safety regulations.
- Assist in test yield continuous improvement activities.
- Assist in other suitable technical projects as required.
- Research and recommend capital equipment to enhance the test services.
- Assist the Test department as required.
- Any other duties required by the Operations Manager.
- Relevant technical qualification preferred, minimum of HNC in an Electronic Engineering discipline.
- Minimum 5 years experience of working in a demanding manufacturing environment.
- Excellent internal and external customer service and communication skills.
- Proven proactive and self-motivated team player.
- Willing to undertake relevant further professional development training as required.
- Diagnosing faults to component level.
- Experience of maintaining test equipment.
- Quoting and designing of In-Circuit Test and basic functional test equipment preferred.
- Design for test experience.
- Experience in digital and analogue circuits.
- To be numerate, literate and fully conversant to a high level with Excel, Word, Outlook.
Interested? Please email email@example.com and we will be in touch.