Full Time – (39.75 hours per week)
Electronics Manufacturing is an exciting, fast paced environment which varies every day. But it’s also a challenging one which requires commitment and dedication. Our IT systems are crucial to the slick manufacturing operation we run across the three sites, which is why we have a dedicated team in place to continually develop, monitor and manage them in order to keep us, and our customers moving forwards. Fancy joining us?
We currently have a full time vacancy for a Server Administrator to join our growing business.
- You will be responsible for administering hardware, operating systems and core applications on server infrastructure including performance monitoring, operations planning, troubleshooting and preventative maintenance.
- You will be expected to configure external storage, network connections and security applications to ensure servers are properly and efficiently integrated into the network.
- Virtualize and Consolidate Standalone Servers (Windows 2016 & 2012)
- Ensure availability and performance compliance to SLAs (Service Level Agreements)
- Develop server build images and processes including automatic deployment technologies
- Install and Maintain Server based applications (Exchange 2010 & SQL 2016 & DPM 2016)
- Install and configure new hardware and software
- Monitor server logs and health alarms
- Perform maintenance tasks such as patch levels, firmware upgrades and backups
- Monitor, investigate and report breaches in performance
- Monitor capacity - disk, RAM and processor
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems
- Work cooperatively with applications teams to install applications or upgrade existing applications
Are you the right person for the job?
- Do you have extensive knowledge and experience in Servers (Windows 2008/12/16, Exchange and Linux) and Networks?
- Have you got a relevant technical qualification i.e. degree in computing or Microsoft Server Certification?
- Can you demonstrate to us an extensive knowledge and experience on SQL Server 2012/2016 & Exchange 2010?
- Driving and assisting in continuous improvement activities throughout the business.
- Assist personnel of other departments as a computer resource.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent internal and external customer service and communication skills
- The ability and willingness to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Very proactive and self motivated, and a good team player.
- Organised, with demonstrable attention to detail and a strong ‘right first time and every time’ ethos (articulate and methodical).
- Excellent project management and organisational skills
- Flexible and adaptable showing a patient and helpful demeanour.
- Coaching and training skills.
- Good command of the English language
You will join our team based in Lutterworth, Leicestershire.
To apply fill out the on-line application form below