Full Time – Day Shift (39.75 hours per week)
Do you have experience building Electro-Mechanical products? Have you helped support the introduction of a new build? Do you have a working knowledge of Solidworks or similar CAD software? Are you now looking for a new challenge, a change of environment, a role to really kick-start your career?
We build the electronic ‘hearts and brains’ for complex machines supplied all around the world. Our customers are at the top of their game and the products they design and sell keep the world moving – quite literally in some cases.
We currently have a full time vacancy for an Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technician to join our growing team.
- You will ensure that new products with mainly electrical and/or mechanical content are introduced into manufacturing in a timely, efficient, cost effective and accurate manner.
- You will assist with, and be responsible for, ‘front-end’ engineering and completion of New Product Introduction (NPI) using the standard processes and procedures, highlighting production capability issues as appropriate, and assisting in implementing appropriate assembly lines.
- You will be expected to support customers in cost reduction and ease of fabrication and assembly.
- You will assist with the design and implementation of all documents, drawings, process routings, tooling, build instructions etc. required to facilitate the above.
- You will assist in investigating and reporting on technical problems and internal/external customer complaints offering solutions where possible. This may include revising drawings using CAD, and suggesting alternative manufacturing methods and/or materials.
- You will plan, manage and be involved hands-on in all projects allocated by the Electro-Mechanical Engineering Manager, including liaison with the relevant Account Manager.
- You will write and maintain clear assembly procedures for use by technicians and production operators in UK and Czech, de-skilling where possible.
- You will support the NPI and transition processes for products to be built across group sites.
- You will support Account Managers on technical issues.
- You will provide support to QA, assisting with inspection and investigations.
- You will provide support to Production and other engineers on technical issues.
- You will support document control and project administration.
- You will assist in continuous improvement activities throughout the business.
Are you the right person for the job?
- Do you have a minimum of 2 years practical experience within an electro-mechanical manufacturing environment?
- Can you demonstrate a working knowledge of materials, manufacturing processes, fabrication methods and inspection standards for mechanical assemblies?
- Do you have experience of a professional CAD package (Solidworks preferred)
- Good understanding of electrical engineering and wiring.
- Excellent communication skills; fluent English required.
- Experience of internal and external customer service.
- Proactive, self-motivated and organised.
- Computer literate, PC Skills including Microsoft packages.
- Clear and logical approach to problem solving with a strong ‘right first time’ ethos.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Basic project management skills
- Qualified to HNC working towards HND / Degree level in a technical subject.
- Experience in electrical design
- Experience in mechanical design
Competences for success
- Self motivated
- Written and verbal communication
- Problem solving
- Time Management
- Attention to detail